Monday, November 24, 2008

Doll House Sled-Box

Yesterday we finished up Very Last First Time. It has been a really good study for us.



You know a FIAR book would not be complete to me unless we had a little reminder in the way of a doll house accessory! I used a little matchbox to recreate Eva's box that she pulls across the ice. I looked through some of the little boxes on my sewing/craft desk and found a couple of little card charms that resemble picks or shovels. A bottle cap makes a great mussel pan.



I was so thrilled when Princess of the Universe wanted to make her own little sled-box out of paper and tape. Her box is deeper, which I commented is more like what Eva had. And Miss Priss even tore up little pieces of black paper to make mussels for her pan.



Do you know it just made my heart sing when she said, "Mommy, I love my doll house."



As occasion would have it, our little girl doll looks like she could pass for Eva.

We have enjoyed this book -- and our doll house -- immensely!

Lynn

No comments: